Attention librarians, educators, community workers, artists, workshop facilitators, makers, and tinkers!
Makerspaces, Hackerspaces, Fab Labs, 3D Printing and Digital Technology - it's already happening, now it's time to MAKE it happen in your community!
Joy Suliman from Irresistible Learning and Mel Fuller of Makers Place are teaming up to present this professional development event. We want to share with libraries, community, and arts organisations how to bring what's best about maker culture into community engagement and learning programs.
Join us and our amazing speakers for a robust and purposeful dialogue about Maker Culture. We will be sharing our best practice examples, tips, networks, and lessons learned from experience.
Individual Admission: $35 + booking fee
Group of 3 Ticket (save 15%): $105 + booking fee
1:00 -1:15 Registration and Welcome
1:15-2:15 Our inspirational speakers
- Warren Cheetham - Coordinator, Information & Digital Services, City Libraries Townsville
- Melissa Fuller - Founder of Three Farm and Makers Place
- Dr Gareth Jenkins - Coordinator of Youth Development at Save the Children Australia
2.15-2.45 Afternoon tea and networking
2.45 - 3:45 Our fabulous panel
- Grant Young - Indigenous Digital Excellence Director at NCIE
- Alexia Estrellado - Program Manager, dLux MediaArts
- Daniel Green - Sydney Mini Maker Faire
- James Oliver - Digital Learning Manager at Museum of Applied Arts & Science
3:45 - 4:30 Q&A with panel and speakers
4:30 LUCKY DOOR PRIZE!