Our monthly membership rate is $45.00. You will need to undertake an application to become a member of Makers Place Incorporated (under the associations Incorporation act 2009)
Here is the sign up process!
1. Prior to signing up we encourage you to come and visit, to see the space, meet some other members and get a feel for our community. You can speak with our friendly Minder. We have a different volunteer minding Makers Place in our opening hours.
2. Our Makers Place Volunteer will give you some forms to be completed. We must have completed forms before moving forward on sign up process. For your convenience you can download all forms here.
3. At our fortnightly Committee meeting your application will be reviewed and voted on by the Makers Place Committee. Committee meetings occur on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month.
4. Once your application is approved the Makers Place treasurer will send you a acceptance letter and invoice for the first month's fee. Your membership start date begins when the committee accepts the application.
5. Once your fee is paid we will schedule you in for the safety induction. Inductions happen fortnightly on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. Depending on attendees availability a time will be determined between 2pm and 7pm. Inductions normally take 1.5 hours. By the end of your induction you will be required to demonstrate you can use tools safely and understand our emergency protocols. Our induction offer will be in contact.
6. Time to add yourself to the Knowledge & Skill Share Wall- This wall is a physical space where you can add your profile, describing your skills, knowledge and interests. This is a great way to collaborate with other members and swap your skills.
7. Welcome to the family! Get up to date with whats on by checking out our events page.